Expecting a baby? Pregnancy can be exciting and it makes one feel blessed and special. Every woman will have a strong desire to become pregnant and have a baby, that brings immense joy to her and to the whole family.
Sad to say that most of the women have the issue of infertility. Despite having unprotected sex, they fail to conceive. This makes them unhappy and depressed. Women, less in the age of 35, has been trying for a year, to conceive but fails, is defined as infertility. The causes can be ovulation in the ovary-irregular cycles, sexually transmitted diseases, uterine fibroids, and the common cause is low age reserve. Might be egg issue, running short of eggs. Do not panic, Clomid is considered as one of the best medications for treating infertility.
Clomid, medicine for infertility:
Planning to conceive? If yes, as the success rates are high, it is one of the best medications for treating infertility in women. It is also known as clomiphene. It is recommended for women who are not pregnant or stimulate ovulation (release an egg from an ovary). Pelvic examination is necessary. It makes to ovulate. About the fifth day of the cycle, the 50mg daily for five days have to be taken. Timed sexual intercourse is also important during under medication. Most often ovulation occurs from five to ten days. Prior to each subsequent course, the examination is necessary. After the first course, if ovulation does not seem to appear, 100mg for five days has to be taken. Before deciding to go for the clomid medication, one must be aware of the side effects it might cause.
Side effects of Clomid:
- When you are under the medication of Clomid, certain side effects might come. Stomach upset, headache, bloating, abdominal fullness, pelvic pain or pelvic expands and breast tenderness may occur.
- Allergy symptoms are swelling of face, lips, and tongue.
- For some vision changes, whatever they see might appear blur.
- Other side effects are, causes Ovarian Hyper stimulation Syndrome. Symptoms are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, little or no urinating, weight gain, rapid heart-beat, and pain while breathing.
- There are chances of having multiples, you might end up in giving birth to twins or triplets. The couple should understand that this is something that could happen.
- If you are using longer than three treatment cycles, the ovarian tumour might develop.
- Inform doctor for further instructions, if in case you miss a dose.
- Some might lose interest in daily activities.
Undergoing ovulation tests, having proper timed sexual intercourse and checking boding temperature, these must to do activities might bring better results. It is also believed that once the treatment stops, these side effects might disappear.
If you have fibroids or dealing with male infertility, hormone-reactive tumour or due to age if you have low ovarian reserves, Clomid is not the best choice.